From a native's natal / lagan / ascendant chart it can be easily predicted if the person will settle in his / her own birth country or will find scope and settle in abroad .
1) If more than 2 planets are present in any house of a native's ascendant or lagan or the main chart it is highly recommended that the native should settle in abroad he or she may not have much scope in his / her own birth country . As per the researches I read and even worked on my own clients charts I found when more than 2 planets in 1 house the mind of the native becomes very unstable and for stability if he or she settles in abroad the mind becomes stable .
2) Rahu , Saturn if present in 4th house in Lagan chart of ascendant he or she may settle in abroad . As Rahu is a foreign planet and 4 house is considered as mother land so Rahu gives foreign settlement . Similarly Saturn is restriction , Saturn in 4th house restricts or makes very difficult to settle in own mother land .
3) 1st house lord meaning the Lagnesh occupies 2nd , 7th , 9th , 12th house in a chart also indicates foreign settlement . Meaning if a native is Gemini or Virgo by ascendant sign and Mercury the lord of 1st house is sitting in 2nd house or 7th house or 9th house or 12th house it indicates foreign settlement .
4) As per Vedic astrology the far the lagnesh is placed from 1st house the person goes to far destination ...
5) Mahadashas also decide foreign settlement it can also be said that if the native have above alignments and goes through Rahu Maha dasha or 7th house lord Maha dasha foreign settlement is more easy . It can also be a frequent foreign travel and temporary settlement like for 6 months or so . In short Rahu Maha dasha gives lot of foreign exposure . More can be said only after seeing the exact planetary alignments .'
6) Rahu in 2nd house , 4th house , 7th house , 12th house all indicate foreign exposure but will it be in the form foreign trade / foreign wife or husband / foreign travel or settlement or acceptance of foreign culture depends upon in which house Rahu is and with which planet .
7) 9th house is also associated with foreign travel but as short journey for either business / study or pilgrimage purpose There are many more combinations for foreign settlement & exposure the basic ones I discussed above . One more thing foreign word also stands for a weird world it could be of imagination or of para normal people society ...which should also be considered